Tuesday, October 9, 2012

9 October 2012 “A Quiet Return and Thinking of You”

thinkingofyou I have been unplugged and absent for two months. The rest was needed for many reasons but I am finding my way back. I hope some of you have remained and are looking forward to my tentative return.

I have photos of my garden over the past few months as well as my growing chicken yard. My life has changed to the modern world but with a strong hold in the past. I am now working outside of the home 2-3 days a week at a cafe. I am taking an art class this semester and considering more schooling in my future. I find myself dressing more modern. Yet, with all these changes, the skills of the past and the general outlook on life as frugal and well planned could not serve me better than in the present.

I find that I miss this portion of my project; the writing and hearing from all of you. My life is moving more towards the arts and with the skills of the home and the immense study of the past, it cannot but help color my art. I want the site to move in that direction but to also maintain the importance of history. And I would like to begin sharing my life, my projects, and what I learn and garner from all of that with all of you.

I hope all are well and I look forward to hearing from you. My hubby and I find that the past will never leave us completely. We both are history lovers at heart and our home is still TV free. He enjoys his typewriters and I my antique appliances. In many ways we consider more ways to bring the past into our daily lives and to better arrange our futures.

I hope you will enjoy the changes that I will be sharing in the months ahead and look with excitement at the coming new year. I’d like to work towards our making a meeting place of creativity and old skills to better our lives. To share one another’s stories, answer questions about how to use the past to better the present and a great place to document the adventures of my odd little life.

I also plan on making a set writing schedule for the blog and to try and update and bring in more interactive aspects. I am currently fighting a cold (a consequence of working outside of the home I fear) and plan on next week beginning to write every Tuesday and Thursday. I also plan a way to have an easy but fun way to share daily. I have let the last forum subside due to the problem (as we had with our original old forum back in 1956) of spam. A move to Wordpress may be in the future as well, as it might better allow apps and add-ons to improve our enjoyment of our online history loving community.

So, to all of you out there, you have all been in my thoughts and I hope you will continue to be in my on-line life. Until I write again, remember to learn from the past to enjoy the present and improve the future.

50s gal

21 comments:

  1. I just read on our little online side forum that the old forum wasn't being filled with Spam. If I get enough interest, I will find an easier better solution so we can return to the forum. We just lost so much with the original one that I face it with a bit of trepidation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see you back. I look forward to reading your thoughts in the weeks ahead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good to see you back on the blog! I have missed you, and glad the time off was good for you. I have always most enjoyed how you have used the past, and what you learned of it, to help us in the present, so I am glad that part of things will continue. I think our world now needs so much of what we used to be, the Apron Revalution reminded me that we can each bring back to our own lives what we find so good about those days, regardless of what goes on around us. You taught me that, and many other things, and it is great to see you back. Feel better soon!
    Barb from CNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you agin! Thanks for sharing your changes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to see a post from you in my reader! I have been thinking about you the last few weeks, and am glad to hear things are going well and you are working towards a happy balance. Take care!
    -Cedar

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to read a new post. You've been missed but life comes first. I look forward to see how you move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thrilled that you're back and blogging, and I'm really glad that you feel rested. You have been sorely missed by all.
    I hope you enjoy your new job and given how well you do in all the aspects of your life that you've shared with us, I'm sure you will breeze through your classes and have an absolute ball.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to see you back! I look forward to your thoughts on life, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! It's good to hear from you again. I hope you are happy. Are you enjoying your new job? When you say you are dressing more modern, what does that mean? How are you dressing now? I'm glad you are finding time to do more of your art.

    ~PL

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO nice to hear what you're up to! It certianly sounds like you've kept very busy.

    I'm about to become a full time housewife (temporarily, due to layoffs), and I'm looking forward to being able to live more in the past than I have till now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are back! I think the topic of using the past to make the present better is an excellent one! WHen you say you are dressing more modern, do you mean jeans and t-shirts or back to 50s garb from 30s? What media do you work in for your art?

    Finally, are you aware the forum has been picking up steam? There have been some great topics and posts. There is only one thread that had spam, not all of them. Please check out the recent posts when you are so inclined. We'd love to have you back in your own forum!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea my forum was still viable. Are you talking of my original forum or the second one I created with the new service? Let me know and I will get back there and start featuring it more! I always wanted it to be the place for all we odd ducks who love vintage and also people who think the past is better used as a tool for the present and not simply forgot or 'mis- remembered'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh Welcome back my dear. Your voice is one of the few I truly enjoy so I cannot wait to follow you on your next journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is the newer forum, not the original one. It is the one that is linked from the 30s logo "Visit the forum for a chat" button NOT the little "chat right here" sidebar forum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to see you back. Looking forward to where you take your blog in the coming new year. Thank you for looking into the past and how to use the skills from the families that lived in that time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad also to see you back !! :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is so lovely to see you are writing again! I had been checking in every now and then but as time passed I wondered if you had decided to put the blog to bed - I'm so glad that you haven't :)

    Best of luck with your classes and your job and I look forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back!

    Mary Ellen
    The Working Home Keeper

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello,
    I just found your darling blog, and became your newest follower. Everything here is so pretty! I look forward to reading your future posts soon. I hope you are enjoying the countdown to Christmas.
    Love,
    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete

 Search The Apron Revolution