Sunday, May 31, 2009

31 May 1955 "misunderstanding"

I think perhaps I have been misunderstood because I wrote while I was frustrated with my tenants. I certainly am worried about budgets, but not to the point that I need to get a job. I was merely looking to think, perhaps in the future I will think about things I can do to make pin money.
One commenter mentioned sitting down with my budget and I have to say that one of the main points of this year has been just that. I have my budget down to the penny for groceries, we almost never eat out anymore, gas is at a minimum (especially since hubby now works locally) and I buy no new clothes (either make or buy very cheap ebay or second hand shops).
So, I am sorry to have made it seem I am as desperate as I must have. I have been really evaluting the next step of this project and I should know better than to just type away in frustration. At the end of June it will be my half way mark in this project and I think I am merely moving to the next phase of what that will entail.
Thank you so much for all of you suggestions and if I do take any of them up, I will share their results with you, of course.
Now, back to my post for tomorrow. I plan to have a proper post up tomorrow and to get back to my regular posting schedule. Thank you for being patient with me while I deal with the land-owning unrest of this past week.
Until tomorrow, then.
Happy Homemaking.

3 comments:

  1. Funny you posted such an observation. I was just thinking today how I wish I had such a sounding board as you do. Perhaps I am wrong after all. Maybe a diary is more the way I should go. As far as pin money every girl needs some now and then. Could you step up the egg business? My Mother was at home, divorced with us two girls when I was tiny. She started a sewing business.
    Your doing a great job and have reached out to many. There are many of us who have taken you into our hearts and are laughing and crying right along side you. Do not be afraid to express yourself. It is a true blog when you speak freely and not completely guard your words. I'll be mailing another little treat to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with budgets? Unfortunately we all need one, I was just on that very topic with my dh tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see you as desperate, more like sad. I've just given some great ideas for homemaker "jobs" in your previous post. Have a lovely day, dear. :)

    ReplyDelete

 Search The Apron Revolution