Monday, November 22, 2010

22 November 1956 “More Thanksgiving”

Just a quick post today, as I am off to a friends and I have some Thanksgiving things to prepare.
boyandfatherturkey I love this image of the son watching his father check the turkey. And what a bird!
With more information for any of you new Thanksgiving chef’s, here is a good turkey roasting time-table I thought I would share.
roastingtimetable I am not sure if I am going to try these myself. I will at some point, not sure if I will for Thanksgiving. But, they are so much fun I had to share, in case any of you were looking for a fun way to serve up those sweet potatoes this year! What a lovely vintage way to do so and a marshmallow in the center of each little treat, what fun.sweetpotatopuffssweetpotatopuffs2
Happy Homemaking.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I'm so happy I was able to find a local, pasture raised turkey this weekend for our Thanksgiving meal! We will have a sweet potato dish as well. Made with local NC sweet potatoes and topped with local pecans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What luck! IT all sounds so scrumptious. I am bound and determined to raise my own Thanksgiving Turkey and Christmas Goose next year. I am lucky now to know that our local farm will oblige me in doing the killing and dressing, so I have no reason to not do it. Only, I will have to steady myself not to get to attached to the dears, or I will be crying all through the Holiday meal. But, raised by me and knowing what every morsel has gone in to them would be nice.

    ReplyDelete

 Search The Apron Revolution