Tuesday, January 3, 2017

3 January 2017 Gooseberry Pyrex and a cat in a bowl



Today my drawing is again inspired by vintage pyrex. I love the stuff. My own collection is mainly the butterprint, which I featured on my 1 January drawing. Today I am showcasing gooseberry. It is easily a tie with butterprint as the most popular.

The main collected colour is the lovely vintage pink colour. My good friend and niece collects this pattern in this colour. However, the gooseberry pattern does come in different shades, including my signature blue.

The dark green and white is a rare colour but is one of the shades available. THIS is a great post by a collector of gooseberry that is     worth checking out.

This love of pyrex and of course the daily companionship of my cat, Puss, lead to today's drawing. She being a ginger lead her to easily be seen as a pink kitty.

I think the mug might be a good gift idea for my friend who collects gooseberry.

I hope you all have a lovely vintage and art filled day.


5 comments:

  1. Hi, Donna, can your art be purchased anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH click the SHOP button at the top. Maybe it doesnt show up on a phone?

      Delete
  2. Yes at Society6 https://society6.com/donnadavisart I usually try to link the image to the site like if you click on the mug it would take you to the site and then you can see other things as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage and I love everything in your photos! Happy New Year and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete

 Search The Apron Revolution