Sunday, May 8, 2011

8 May 1957 “Happy Mother’s Day”

 mothersday1Today is Mother’s day, as many of you know. I hope you have a wonderful day. Celebrate your mother and enjoy being celebrated if you are a mother.
We are taking my mother in law to our local farm for their Mother’s Day tea today. We will sip tea, watch the animals, browse their lovely plants, it shall be a fine day. READ MORE

My own mother, sadly, is in a nursing home states away. She suffers from Alzheimer's, which I believe I have shared with you before. I will take some time today to quietly reflect on our own previous mother’s days. One, in particular, when myself and my niece (close in age to me) tried to make a homemade blueberry pie for her as  a surprise. Let’s say the day was fraught with hilarity, including the pie ending up on the floor.
So, have a wonderful Mother’s day in whatever way it comes to you. Remember to love those you have now, for life is indeed short.
Happy Mother’s Day.

7 comments:

  1. Once again, the videos for today are charming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Doris Day...please don't eat the daisies made me think she was the perfect mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great!

    I hope you had a fabulous weekend honey! Did you hear the great news about my novel? Check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YTMGA0 Have a great Monday doll!

    Kori xoxo

    www.blondeepisodes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In 1950s there were lot of real mothers. Because of they were really feminine.......

    today gender roles are complicated and there are no real values of mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all!

    Mary Ellen
    The Working Home Keeper - and proud Momma of 3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Poland we have it on 26th May.

    ReplyDelete

 Search The Apron Revolution